This gives the example of business scenario illustrating the business needs, and the IT service offering in terms of technical design, resource alignment and project management.
It helps customer quickly understand how BROCENT team is delivering the IT managed service.
New IT Setup
Statement of Work
THE TECHNOLOGIES INVOLVED
In this scenario, the complete IT setup covers EUC computer, printer, network, server, cloud service and security hardening. This section illustrates the key technical elements we have taken care in the IT infrastructure design.
CONCERNS & EXPECTATION
The customer plans to establish the new manufacturing plant in Shanghai, China, and at the same time, it is planned to close the existing plant in Beijing. Customer CIO concerns much about technical implementation &transition plan if it could meet the "1 Month" target timeframe, while it would not compromise any technical standards and expectation on quality and communication &time zone gap.
BUSINESS REQUIREMENT AND ARCHITECTURE DESIGN
SERVERS & STORAGE
- Needs a robust physical server, that supports VMWARE virtualization to host multiple hosts and roles of Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, SQL Server, Accounting System, File server etc.
- A cost effective NAS storage as a backup media to contain the business backup data with capacity of retaining data up to one year
- Use preferred backup solution VEEAM to execute the backup task to cover the application availability and data recoverability.
- Two dedicate CISCO routers are designed to support edge internet and MPLS circuit connection to achieve the segregation of network access from different authorized users. CISCO VPN is mandatory to setup and allow mobile work from traveller and work at home.
- Physically segregated LAN network with redundancy is designed to manage data and voice network with specific VLAN and QOS to guarantee the transmittal speed and scalability.
- Designated firewall is setup to manage the network access control from red zone and use the web filtering functions to safeguard the intranet security in terms of antivirus, spyware and suspicious internet data
Client has strong demand of business contingency plan (BCP), hence requires a flexible solution in the cloud to make sure best system availability. With this needs, BROCENT proposes to setup the cloud backup, accounting system in the cloud, Microsoft 365 email and Sharepoint in the cloud, antivirus in the cloud and so on.
Besides, a office 365 new tenant needs to subscribed respectively in China mainland and Hong Kong to support two business units with unique domain name. Prerequisite requirement is to make data migration from Lotus Domino on-premise servers to Office 365 cloud service with all business email data, calendar, Directory and archived data. As a higher priority task, BROCENT uses authorized migration tools and migrated 4.2T data into Office 365, and all users are happy to use Microsoft outlook after the post-implementation training.
COMPUTER & PRINTER
Group standard computer model and specification is designed to meet the business requirement from production department, R&D department and back office needs with standard Windows 10 Enterprise preloaded OS and standard EUC operating environment i.e., patch management, password policy, power user account, standard list of software.
All computers are part of Active Directory for central management in terms of group policy, user account and password management, and the single sign-on settings integrated with Office 365.
IT ROOM &ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT
Customer IT infrastructure requirement is to design the server room and facilities to support 50+ users and computerized system in the plant, that shall be generically connected to BROCENT centric network 24 x 7 monitoring system to achieve the system's availability target on routine preventive IT maintenance plan.
In terms of physical security, It is also designed with CCTV, Humidity and temperature sensor, A/C monitor and Door Access Control system.
GOODS SUPPLY & COMPLIANCE
Bill of Materials (BOM) are agreed to make sure every single elements in the design is thoroughly considered and assessed. With better planning comes more accurate knowledge on how much time a task will take. This allows Solution Team and Customer to cost up jobs and orders more effectively. In Asia, usually the delivery of goods ordered directly from manufacturer costs 4 weeks to 8 weeks, knowing that it gives roughly precise estimation on goods lead time, and gives better assumption when to prepare the project plan. For the sake of IT compliance, BROCENT never works on refurbished, unofficial and unlicensed IT products.